Having the quality or power of producing; yielding or furnishing results; as, productive soil; productive enterprises; productive labor, that which increases the number or amount of products.
- Producing or capable of producing.
- Producing abundantly; fertile. See Synonyms at fertile.
- Yielding favorable or useful results; constructive.
- Economics Of or involved in the creation of goods and services to produce wealth or value.
- Effective in achieving specified results; originative: policies productive of much harm.
- Medicine Producing mucus or sputum: a productive cough.
- Medicine Forming new tissue: a productive inflammation.
- Linguistics Of or relating to the linguistic skills of speaking and writing.
- Linguistics Of or relating to a linguistic element or rule that can be used to form further examples of a particular feature or pattern. The English past tense suffix -ed is productive since it continues to be added to new verbs to form the past tense.