Acquisition beyond expenditure; excess of value received for producing, keeping, or selling, over cost; hence, pecuniary gain in any transaction or occupation; emolument; as, a profit on the sale of goods.
- An advantageous gain or return; benefit.
- The return received on a business undertaking after all operating expenses have been met.
- The return received on an investment after all charges have been paid. Often used in the plural.
- The rate of increase in the net worth of a business enterprise in a given accounting period.
- Income received from investments or property.
- The amount received for a commodity or service in excess of the original cost.
- To make a gain or profit.
- To derive advantage; benefit: profiting from the other team's mistakes. See Synonyms at benefit.
- To be beneficial to.