Moving forward; proceeding onward; advancing; evincing progress; increasing; as, progressive motion or course; -- opposed to retrograde.
- Moving forward; advancing.
- Proceeding in steps; continuing steadily by increments: progressive change.
- Promoting or favoring progress toward better conditions or new policies, ideas, or methods: a progressive politician; progressive business leadership.
- Of or relating to a Progressive Party: the Progressive platform of 1924.
- Of or relating to progressive education: a progressive school.
- Increasing in rate as the taxable amount increases: a progressive income tax.
- Pathology Tending to become more severe or wider in scope: progressive paralysis.
- Grammar Designating a verb form that expresses an action or condition in progress.
- A person who actively favors or strives for progress toward better conditions, as in society or government.
- A member or supporter of a Progressive Party.
- Grammar A progressive verb form.