In general, a declaration, written or verbal, made by one person to another, which binds the person who makes it to do, or to forbear to do, a specified act; a declaration which gives to the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act.
- A declaration assuring that one will or will not do something; a vow.
- Something promised.
- Indication of something favorable to come; expectation: a promise of spring in the air.
- Indication of future excellence or success: a player of great promise.
- To commit oneself by a promise to do or give; pledge: left but promised to return.
- To afford a basis for expecting: thunderclouds that promise rain.
- To make a declaration assuring that something will or will not be done.
- To afford a basis for expectation: an enterprise that promises well.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വാഗ്ദാനം നൽകുക - Vaagdhaanam Nalkuka | Vagdhanam Nalkuka ;പ്രതിജ്ഞ ചെയ്യുക - Prathijnja Cheyyuka ;പരിക്ക - Parikka ;തോന്നുക - Thonnuka ;വാക്ക് - Vaakku | Vakku ;ഉടമ്പടി - Udampadi ;