A proprietor or owner; one who has exclusive title to a thing; one who possesses, or holds the title to, a thing in his own right.
- Of, relating to, or suggestive of a proprietor or to proprietors as a group: had proprietary rights; behaved with a proprietary air in his friend's house.
- Exclusively owned; private: a proprietary hospital.
- Owned by a private individual or corporation under a trademark or patent: a proprietary drug.
- A proprietor.
- A group of proprietors.
- Ownership; proprietorship.
- A proprietary medicine.
- One granted ownership of a proprietary colony.