That which is embraced by eye in vision; the region which the eye overlooks at one time; view; scene; outlook.
- Something expected; a possibility.
- Financial expectations, especially of success.
- A potential customer, client, or purchaser.
- A candidate deemed likely to succeed.
- The direction in which an object, such as a building, faces; an outlook.
- Something presented to the eye; a scene: a pleasant prospect.
- The act of surveying or examining.
- The location or probable location of a mineral deposit.
- An actual or probable mineral deposit.
- The mineral yield obtained by working an ore.
- To search for or explore (a region) for mineral deposits or oil.
- To explore for mineral deposits or oil.