A country or region, more or less remote from the city of Rome, brought under the Roman government; a conquered country beyond the limits of Italy.
- A territory governed as an administrative or political unit of a country or empire.
- A division of territory under the jurisdiction of an archbishop.
- Areas of a country situated away from the capital or population center.
- A comprehensive area of knowledge, activity, or interest: a topic falling within the province of ancient history. See Synonyms at field.
- The range of one's proper duties and functions; scope or jurisdiction.
- Ecology An area of land, less extensive than a region, having a characteristic plant and animal population.
- Any of various lands outside Italy conquered by the Romans and administered by them as self-contained units.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദേശം - Dhesham ;പ്രദേശം - Pradhesham ;നാട് - Naadu | Nadu ;പ്രവിശ്യ - Pravishya ;ജീവിതമണ്ഡലം - Jeevithamandalam ;ദേശവിഭാഗം - Dheshavibhaagam | Dheshavibhagam ;