Of or pertaining to the people; belonging to the people; relating to, or affecting, a nation, state, or community; -- opposed to private; as, the public treasury.
- Of, concerning, or affecting the community or the people: the public good.
- Maintained for or used by the people or community: a public park.
- Capitalized in shares of stock that can be traded on the open market: a public company.
- Participated in or attended by the people or community: "Opinions are formed in a process of open discussion and public debate” ( Hannah Arendt).
- Connected with or acting on behalf of the people, community, or government: public office.
- Enrolled in or attending a public school: transit passes for public students.
- Open to the knowledge or judgment of all: a public scandal.
- The community or the people as a whole.
- A group of people sharing a common interest: the reading public.
- Admirers or followers, especially of a famous person. See Usage Note at collective noun.
- go public To become publicly owned, by launching shares of stock onto the open market: The company went public after having been closely held for 12 years.
- go public with Informal To reveal to the public a previously unknown or secret piece of information: The president finally had to go public with the scandal.
- in public In such a way as to be visible to the scrutiny of the people: "A career is born in public—talent in privacy” ( Marilyn Monroe).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സാര്വലൗകികമായ - Saarvalaukikamaaya | Sarvaloukikamaya ;ജനസമൂഹം - Janasamooham ;പൊതുജനത്തെ സംബന്ധിച്ച - Pothujanaththe Sambandhicha | Pothujanathe Sambandhicha ;പ്രകട - Prakada ;എല്ലാവര്ക്കും ഉപയോഗിക്കാവുന്ന - Ellaavarkkum Upayogikkaavunna | Ellavarkkum Upayogikkavunna ;പ്രസിദ്ധമായ - Prasiddhamaaya | Prasidhamaya ;