A color formed by, or resembling that formed by, a combination of the primary colors red and blue.
- Any of a group of colors with a hue between that of violet and red.
- Cloth of a color between violet and red, formerly worn as a symbol of royalty or high office.
- Imperial power; high rank: born to the purple.
- Roman Catholic Church The rank or office of a cardinal.
- Roman Catholic Church The rank or office of a bishop.
- Of the color purple.
- Royal or imperial; regal.
- Elaborate and ornate: purple prose.
- To make or become purple.