To follow with a view to overtake; to follow eagerly, or with haste; to chase; as, to pursue a hare.
- To follow in an effort to overtake or capture; chase: a fox that was pursued by hounds.
- To strive to gain or accomplish: pursue lofty political goals.
- To proceed along the course of; follow: a ship that pursued the southern course.
- To carry further; advance: Let's not pursue this argument.
- To be engaged in (a vocation or hobby, for example).
- To court: a lady who was pursued by many suitors.
- To continue to torment or afflict; haunt: was pursued by the demons of lust and greed.
- To follow in an effort to overtake or capture; chase.
- To carry on; continue.