The act of radiating, or the state of being radiated; emission and diffusion of rays of light; beamy brightness.
- The act or process of radiating: the radiation of heat and light from a fire.
- Physics Emission and propagation and emission of energy in the form of rays or waves.
- Physics Energy radiated or transmitted as rays, waves, in the form of particles.
- Physics A stream of particles or electromagnetic waves emitted by the atoms and molecules of a radioactive substance as a result of nuclear decay.
- The act of exposing or the condition of being exposed to such energy.
- The application of such energy, as in medical treatment.
- Anatomy Radial arrangement of parts, as of a group of nerve fibers connecting different areas of the brain.
- The spread of a group of organisms into new habitats.
- Adaptive radiation.