To spring; to leap; to bound; to rear; to prance; to become rampant; hence, to frolic; to romp.
- An inclined surface or roadway connecting different levels.
- A mobile staircase by which passengers board and leave an aircraft.
- A concave bend of a handrail where a sharp change in level or direction occurs, as at a stair landing.
- To act threateningly or violently; rage.
- To assume a threatening stance.
- Heraldry To stand in the rampant position.
- A plant (Allium tricoccum) related to onions and leeks, having edible underground stems and found in the eastern United States.