Ramping; leaping; springing; rearing upon the hind legs; hence, raging; furious.
- Extending unchecked; unrestrained: a rampant growth of weeds in the neglected yard.
- Occurring without restraint and frequently, widely, or menacingly; rife: a rampant epidemic; rampant corruption in city government.
- Rearing on the hind legs.
- Heraldry Rearing on the left hind leg with the forelegs elevated, the right above the left, and usually with the head in profile.
- Architecture Springing from a support or an abutment that is higher at one side than at the other: a rampant arch.