To chide with vehemence; to scold; to censure violently.
- A quantity measured with respect to another measured quantity: a rate of speed of 60 miles an hour.
- A measure of a part with respect to a whole; a proportion: the mortality rate; a tax rate.
- The cost per unit of a commodity or service: postal rates.
- A charge or payment calculated in relation to a particular sum or quantity: interest rates.
- Level of quality.
- Chiefly British A locally assessed property tax. Often used in the plural.
- To calculate the value of; appraise. See Synonyms at estimate.
- To place in a particular rank or grade.
- To regard or account: rated the movie excellent.
- To value for purposes of taxation.
- To set a rate for (goods to be shipped).
- To specify the performance limits of (a machine, for example): This fuse is rated at 50 amperes.
- Informal To merit or deserve: people that rate special treatment. See Synonyms at earn1.
- To be ranked in a particular class.
- Informal To have status, importance, or influence.
- at any rate Whatever the case may be.
- at any rate At least.
- To berate.
- To express reproof.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തോത് - Thothu ;നിലവാരം - Nilavaaram | Nilavaram ;തോത് - Thothu ;വേതനം - Vethanam ;ശുല്കം - Shulkam ;പ്രകാരം - Prakaaram | Prakaram ;