To make real; to convert from the imaginary or fictitious into the actual; to bring into concrete existence; to effectuate; to accomplish; as, to realize a scheme or project.
- To comprehend completely or correctly.
- To bring into reality; make real: He finally realized his lifelong ambition to learn how to play the violin.
- To make realistic: a film that realizes court life of the 17th century.
- To obtain or achieve, as gain or profit: She realized a substantial return on the investment.
- To bring in (a sum) as profit by sale.
- To exchange holdings or goods for money.