To spring back; to start back; to be sent back or reverberated by elastic force on collision with another body; as, a rebounding echo.
- To spring or bounce back after hitting or colliding with something.
- To recover, as from depression or disappointment.
- To reecho; resound.
- Basketball To retrieve and gain possession of the ball as it bounces off the backboard or rim after an unsuccessful shot.
- To cause to rebound.
- Basketball To gain possession of (the ball) off the backboard or rim.
- A springing or bounding back; a recoil.
- Sports A rebounding or caroming ball or hockey puck.
- Basketball The act or an instance of taking possession of a rebounding ball.
- A quick recovery from or reaction to disappointment or depression: He is on the rebound following a tumultuous breakup.
- Past tense and past participle of rebind.