- The state of being redundant.
- Something redundant or excessive; a superfluity.
- Repetition of linguistic information inherent in the structure of a language, as singularity in the sentence It works.
- Excessive wordiness or repetition in expression.
- Chiefly British The state or fact of being unemployed because work is no longer offered or considered necessary.
- Chiefly British A dismissal of an employee from work for being no longer necessary; a layoff.
- Electronics Duplication or repetition of elements in electronic equipment to provide alternative functional channels in case of failure.
- Repetition of parts or all of a message to circumvent transmission errors.