The female of the ruff.
- The elected president of a town council in some parts of Canada.
- Any of various minor officers of parishes or other local authorities.
- A bailiff or steward of a manor in the later medieval period.
- A high officer of local administration appointed by the Anglo-Saxon kings.
- Nautical To pass (a rope or rod) through a hole, ring, pulley, or block.
- Nautical To fasten by passing through or around.
- Nautical To pass a rope or rod through (a hole, ring, pulley, or block).
- The female ruff.