Bending or turned backward; reflective; having respect to something past.
- Directed back on itself.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or being a verb having an identical subject and direct object, as dressed in the sentence She dressed herself.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or being the pronoun used as the direct object of a reflexive verb, as herself in She dressed herself.
- Of or relating to a reflex.
- Elicited automatically; spontaneous: "a bid for . . . reflexive left-wing approval” ( Marshall Delaney).
- Grammar A reflexive verb or pronoun. See Usage Note at myself.