To make fresh again; to restore strength, spirit, animation, or the like, to; to relieve from fatigue or depression; to reinvigorate; to enliven anew; to reanimate; as, sleep refreshes the body and the mind.
- To revive with or as if with rest, food, or drink; give new vigor or spirit to.
- To give new freshness or brightness to; restore.
- To make cool, clean, or moist; freshen up.
- To renew by stimulation: refresh one's memory.
- To fill up again; replenish: refresh a drink.
- Computer Science To renew (the image on a display screen) by renewing the flow of electrons from the cathode-ray tube: The faster a monitor refreshes images, the less it flickers.
- Computer Science To maintain (data in a dynamic RAM) by sending a new electric pulse to recharge the chips.
- To take refreshment.
- To become fresh again; revive.