To keep in view; to behold; to look at; to view; to gaze upon.
- To look at attentively; observe closely.
- To look upon or consider in a particular way: I regard him as a fool.
- To hold in esteem or respect: She regards her teachers highly.
- To relate or refer to; concern: This item regards their liability.
- To take into account; consider.
- Obsolete To take care of.
- To look or gaze.
- To give heed; pay attention.
- A look or gaze.
- Careful thought or attention; heed: She gives little regard to her sister's teasing.
- Respect, affection, or esteem: He has high regard for your work.
- Good wishes expressing such sentiment: Give the family my best regards.
- A particular point or aspect; respect: She was lucky in that regard.
- Basis for action; motive.
- Obsolete Appearance or aspect.
- as regards Concerning.
- in With respect to.