The act of passing back or returning; retrogression; retrogradation.
- Reversion; retrogression.
- Relapse to a less perfect or developed state.
- Psychology Reversion to an earlier or less mature pattern of feeling or behavior.
- Medicine A subsidence of the symptoms or process of a disease.
- Biology The return of a population to an earlier or less complex physical type in successive generations.
- Statistics The relationship between the mean value of a random variable and the corresponding values of one or more independent variables.
- Astronomy Retrograde motion of a celestial body.
- Geology A relative fall in sea level resulting in deposition of terrestrial strata over marine strata.