To cast from one; to throw away; to discard.
- To refuse to accept, submit to, believe, or make use of.
- To refuse to consider or grant; deny.
- To refuse to recognize or give affection to (a person).
- To discard as defective or useless; throw away. See Synonyms at refuse1.
- To spit out or vomit.
- Medicine To resist immunologically the introduction of (a transplanted organ or tissue); fail to accept as part of one's own body.
- One that has been rejected: a reject from the varsity team; a tire that is a reject.