Having relation or reference; referring; respecting; standing in connection; pertaining; as, arguments not relative to the subject.
- Having pertinence or relevance; connected or related.
- Considered in comparison with something else: the relative quiet of the suburbs.
- Dependent on or interconnected with something else; not absolute. See Synonyms at dependent.
- Grammar Referring to or qualifying an antecedent, as the pronoun who in the man who was on TV or that in the dictionary that I use.
- Music Having the same key signature. Used of major and minor scales and keys: A minor is the relative minor of C major.
- One related by kinship, common origin, or marriage.
- Something having a relation or connection to something else.
- Grammar A relative pronoun.