The act or process of relaxing, or the state of being relaxed; as, relaxation of the muscles; relaxation of a law.
- The act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed.
- Refreshment of body or mind; recreation: played golf for relaxation.
- A loosening or slackening.
- A reduction in strictness or severity.
- Physiology The lengthening of inactive muscle or muscle fibers.
- Physics The return or adjustment of a system to equilibrium following displacement or abrupt change.
- Mathematics A method of solving equations in which the errors resulting from an initial approximation are reduced by succeeding approximations until all errors are within specified limits.