To lay again; to lay a second time; as, to relay a pavement.
- An act of passing something along from one person, group, or station to another.
- Sports A relay race.
- Sports A division of a relay race.
- Electronics A device that responds to a small current or voltage change by activating switches or other devices in an electric circuit.
- A crew of workers who relieve another crew; a shift.
- A fresh team, as of horses or dogs, to relieve weary animals in a hunt, task, or journey.
- To pass along by or as if by relay: relayed the message to his boss.
- To supply with fresh relays.
- Electronics To control or retransmit by means of a relay.