The act of resisting; opposition, passive or active.
- The act or an instance of resisting or the capacity to resist.
- A force that tends to oppose or retard motion.
- An underground organization engaged in a struggle for national liberation in a country under military or totalitarian occupation.
- Psychology A process in which the ego opposes the conscious recall of anxiety-producing experiences.
- Biology The capacity of an organism to defend itself against a disease.
- Biology The capacity of an organism or a tissue to withstand the effects of a harmful environmental agent.
- Electricity The opposition of a body or substance to current passing through it, resulting in a change of electrical energy into heat or another form of energy.