The act of restoring or bringing back to a former place, station, or condition; the fact of being restored; renewal; reëstablishment; as, the restoration of friendship between enemies; the restoration of peace after war.
- An act of restoring: damage too great for restoration.
- An instance of restoring or of being restored: Restoration of the sculpture was expensive.
- The state of being restored.
- Something, such as a renovated building, that has been restored.
- The return of a constitutional monarchy to Great Britain in 1660 under Charles II.
- The period between the crowning of Charles II and the Revolution of 1688.