To touch again, or rework, in order to improve; to revise; as, to retouch a picture or an essay.
- To add new details or touches to for correction or improvement.
- To improve or change (a photographic negative or print), as by adding details or removing flaws.
- To color (recent growth of hair) to match hair that was tinted, dyed, or bleached at an earlier date.
- Archaeology To modify (a flaked stone tool) by secondary flaking along the cutting edge.
- To give or make retouches.
- The act, process, or an instance of retouching.