A recitation or song of a rhapsodist; a portion of an epic poem adapted for recitation, or usually recited, at one time; hence, a division of the Iliad or the Odyssey; -- called also a book.
- Exalted or excessively enthusiastic expression of feeling in speech or writing.
- A literary work written in an impassioned or exalted style.
- A state of elated bliss; ecstasy.
- Music A usually instrumental composition of irregular form that often incorporates improvisation.
- An ancient Greek epic poem or a portion of one suitable for uninterrupted recitation.