An expression of thought in numbers, measure, or verse; a composition in verse; a rhymed tale; poetry; harmony of language.
- Correspondence of terminal sounds of words or of lines of verse.
- A poem or verse having a regular correspondence of sounds, especially at the ends of lines.
- Poetry or verse of this kind.
- A word that corresponds with another in terminal sound, as behold and cold.
- To form a rhyme.
- To compose rhymes or verse.
- To make use of rhymes in composing verse.
- To put into rhyme or compose with rhymes.
- To use (a word or words) as a rhyme.