A trough or sluice having cleats, grooves, or steps across the bottom for holding quicksilver and catching particles of gold when auriferous earth is washed; also, one of the cleats, grooves, or steps in such a trough. Also called ripple.
- A rocky shoal or sandbar lying just below the surface of a waterway.
- A stretch of choppy water caused by such a shoal or sandbar; a rapid.
- In mining, the sectional stone or wood bottom lining of a sluice, arranged for trapping mineral particles, as of gold.
- A groove or block in such a lining.
- Games The act or an instance of shuffling cards.
- Games To shuffle (playing cards) by holding part of a deck in each hand and raising up the edges before releasing them to fall alternately in one stack.
- To thumb through (the pages of a book, for example).
- Games To shuffle cards.
- To become choppy, as water.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?