- A freshwater fish (Rutilus rutilus) of northern Europe.
- Any of various similar or related fishes, such as some North American sunfishes.
- The cockroach.
- Slang The butt of a marijuana cigarette.
- A roll of hair brushed up from the forehead or temple.
- A hairstyle especially among certain Native American peoples in which the head is shaved except for a strip from front to back across the top.
- Nautical An outward curve in the leech of a fore-and-aft sail.
- To brush (hair) in a roach.
- To shave (the mane of a horse) to a short bristle.