The inspissated juice of ripe fruit, obtained by evaporation of the juice over a fire till it acquires the consistence of a sirup. It is sometimes mixed with honey or sugar.
- Law To take property from (a person) illegally by using or threatening to use violence or force; commit robbery upon.
- To take valuable or desired articles unlawfully from: rob a bank.
- To deprive unjustly of something belonging to, desired by, or legally due (someone): robbed her of her professional standing.
- To deprive of something injuriously: a parasite that robs a tree of its sap.
- To take as booty; steal.
- To engage in or commit robbery.
- rob (someone) blind To rob in an unusually deceitful or thorough way: robbed the old couple blind while employed as a companion.
- rob the cradle Informal To have a romantic or sexual relationship with someone significantly younger than oneself.