An outer garment; a dress of a rich, flowing, and elegant style or make; hence, a dress of state, rank, office, or the like.
- A long loose flowing outer garment, especially:
- An official garment worn on formal occasions to show office or rank, as by a judge or high church official.
- An academic gown.
- A dressing gown or bathrobe.
- Clothes; apparel.
- A blanket or covering made of material, such as fur or cloth: a lap robe.
- To cover or dress in or as if in a robe. See Synonyms at clothe.
- To put on robes or a robe.