Full of, or abounding in, rocks; consisting of rocks; as, a rocky mountain; a rocky shore.
- Consisting of, containing, or abounding in rock or rocks.
- Resembling or suggesting rock; firm or hard.
- Steadfast or stubborn; unyielding: her rocky heart.
- Marked by obstructions or difficulties: the rocky road to success.
- Inclined or prone to sway or totter; unsteady or shaky: a rocky shelf.
- Appearing inclined to fail; discouraging or disappointing: had a rocky start, but managed to succeed.
- Weak, dizzy, or nauseated, especially as a result of the excessive intake of alcohol or drugs.