A florid style of ornamentation which prevailed in Europe in the latter part of the eighteenth century.
- A style of art, especially architecture and decorative art, that originated in France in the early 18th century and is marked by elaborate ornamentation, as with a profusion of scrolls, foliage, and animal forms.
- A very ornate style of speech or writing.
- Music A style of composition arising in 18th-century France, often viewed as an extension of the baroque, and characterized by a high degree of ornamentation and lightness of expression.
- Of or relating to the rococo.
- Immoderately elaborate or complicated.