One who, or that which, rolls; especially, a cylinder, sometimes grooved, of wood, stone, metal, etc., used in husbandry and the arts.
- One that rolls or performs a rolling operation or activity.
- Any of various cylindrical or spherical devices that roll or rotate, especially:
- A small spokeless wheel, such as that of a roller skate or caster.
- An elongated cylinder on which something, such as a window shade or towel, is wound.
- A heavy revolving cylinder that is used to level, crush, or smooth.
- Printing A cylinder, usually of hard rubber, used to ink the type before the paper is impressed.
- A cylinder of wire mesh, foam rubber, or other material around which a strand of hair is wound to produce a soft curl or wave.
- A long rolled bandage.
- A heavy swelling wave that breaks on a coast.
- A tumbler pigeon.
- Any of various Old World birds of the family Coraciidae, having bright blue wings, stocky bodies, and hooked bills. They are noted for their aggressiveness and their habit of rolling and twisting in flight, especially during the breeding season.
- A canary that trills.