A species of fictitious writing, originally composed in meter in the Romance dialects, and afterward in prose, such as the tales of the court of Arthur, and of Amadis of Gaul; hence, any fictitious and wonderful tale; a sort of novel, especially one which treats of surprising adventures usually befalling a hero or a heroine; a tale of extravagant adventures, of love, and the like.
- A love affair.
- Ardent emotional attachment or involvement between people; love: They kept the romance alive in their marriage for 35 years.
- A strong, sometimes short-lived attachment, fascination, or enthusiasm for something: a childhood romance with the sea.
- A mysterious or fascinating quality or appeal, as of something adventurous, heroic, or strangely beautiful: "These fine old guns often have a romance clinging to them” ( Richard Jeffries).
- A long medieval narrative in prose or verse that tells of the adventures and heroic exploits of chivalric heroes: an Arthurian romance.
- A long fictitious tale of heroes and extraordinary or mysterious events, usually set in a distant time or place.
- The class of literature constituted by such tales.
- An artistic work, such as a novel, story, or film, that deals with sexual love, especially in an idealized form.
- The class or style of such works.
- A fictitiously embellished account or explanation: We have been given speculation and romance instead of the facts.
- Music A lyrical, tender, usually sentimental song or short instrumental piece.
- The Romance languages.
- Of, relating to, or being any of the languages that developed from Latin, including Italian, French, Portuguese, Romanian, and Spanish.
- To invent, write, or tell romances.
- To think or behave in a romantic manner.
- Informal To make love to; court or woo.
- Informal To have a love affair with.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കെട്ടുകഥ - Kettukatha ;ശൃംഗാരം - Shrumgaaram | Shrumgaram ;നിത്യജീവിതബന്ധമില്ലാത്ത അത്ഭുതകഥ - Nithyajeevithabandhamillaaththa Athbhuthakatha | Nithyajeevithabandhamillatha Athbhuthakatha ;പ്രണയവര്ണ്ണന - Pranayavarnnana ;പ്രണയം - Pranayam ;പ്രണയലീല - Pranayaleela ;