Of or pertaining to romance; involving or resembling romance; hence, fanciful; marvelous; extravagant; unreal; as, a romantic tale; a romantic notion; a romantic undertaking.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of romance.
- Given to thoughts or feelings of romance. See Synonyms at sentimental.
- Displaying, expressive of, or conducive to love: a romantic atmosphere.
- Imaginative but impractical; visionary: romantic notions.
- Not based on fact; imaginary or fictitious: His memoirs were criticized as a romantic view of the past.
- Of or characteristic of romanticism in the arts.
- A romantic person.
- A follower or adherent of romanticism.