The cover of any building, including the roofing (see Roofing) and all the materials and construction necessary to carry and maintain the same upon the walls or other uprights. In the case of a building with vaulted ceilings protected by an outer roof, some writers call the vault the roof, and the outer protection the roof mask. It is better, however, to consider the vault as the ceiling only, in cases where it has farther covering.
- The exterior surface and its supporting structures on the top of a building.
- The upper exterior surface of a dwelling as a symbol of the home itself: three generations living under one roof.
- The top covering of something: the roof of a car.
- The upper surface of an anatomical structure, especially one having a vaulted inner structure: the roof of the mouth.
- The highest point or limit; the summit or ceiling: A roof on prices is needed to keep our customers happy.
- To furnish or cover with or as if with a roof.
- go through the roof Slang To grow, intensify, or rise to an enormous, often unexpected degree: Operating costs went through the roof last year.
- go through the roof Slang To become extremely angry: When I told her about breaking the window, she went through the roof.
- raise the roof Slang To be extremely noisy and boisterous: They raised the roof at the party.
- raise the roof Slang To complain loudly and bitterly: Angry tenants finally raised the roof about their noisy neighbors.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉന്നതതടം - Unnathathadam ;വാഹനത്തിൻറെ മേൽക്കട്ടി - Vaahanaththinre Melkkatti | Vahanathinre Melkkatti ;പുരപ്പുറം - Purappuram ;മൂടി പണിയുക - Moodi Paniyuka ;ഏറ്റവും ഉയര്ന്ന സ്ഥാനം - Ettavum Uyarnna Sthaanam | Ettavum Uyarnna Sthanam ;മേൽക്കൂര - Melkkoora ;