A flower and shrub of any species of the genus Rosa, of which there are many species, mostly found in the morthern hemispere
- A member of the rose family.
- Any of numerous shrubs or vines of the genus Rosa, having prickly stems, pinnately compound leaves, and variously colored, often fragrant flowers.
- The flower of any of these plants.
- Any of various similar or related plants.
- A dark pink to moderate red.
- An ornament, such as a decorative knot, resembling a rose in form; a rosette.
- A perforated nozzle for spraying water from a hose or sprinkling can.
- A form of gem cut marked by a flat base and a faceted, hemispheric upper surface.
- A gem, especially a diamond, cut in this manner.
- A rose window.
- A compass card or its representation, as on a map.
- That which is marked by favor, success, or ease of execution: Directing this play has been all roses since the new producer took over.
- Of the color rose.
- Relating to, containing, or used for roses.
- Scented or flavored with or as if with roses.
- come up roses To result favorably or successfully: Those were difficult times but now everything's coming up roses.
- under the rose Sub rosa.
- Past tense of rise.