Having inequalities, small ridges, or points, on the surface; not smooth or plain; as, a rough board; a rough stone; rough cloth.
- Having a surface marked by irregularities, protuberances, or ridges; not smooth.
- Coarse or shaggy to the touch: a rough scratchy blanket.
- Difficult to travel over or through: the rough terrain of the highlands.
- Characterized by violent motion; turbulent: rough waters.
- Difficult to endure or live through, especially because of harsh or inclement weather: a rough winter.
- Unpleasant or difficult: had a rough time during the exam.
- Boisterous, unruly, uncouth, or rowdy: ran with a rough crowd.
- Lacking polish or finesse: rough manners.
- Characterized by carelessness or force, as in manipulating: broke the crystal through rough handling.
- Harsh to the ear: a rough raspy sound.
- Being in a natural state: rough diamonds.
- Not perfected, completed, or fully detailed: a rough drawing; rough carpentry.
- Rugged overgrown terrain.
- Sports The part of a golf course left unmowed and uncultivated.
- The difficult or disagreeable aspect, part, or side: observed politics in the rough when working as an intern on Capitol Hill.
- Something in an unfinished or hastily worked-out state.
- A crude unmannered person; a rowdy.
- To treat roughly or with physical violence: roughed up his opponent.
- Sports To treat (an opposing player) with unnecessary roughness, often in violation of the rules: was ejected from the game for roughing the passer.
- To prepare or indicate in an unfinished form: rough out a house plan.
- In a rough manner; roughly: The engine began to run rough and faltered.
- rough it To live without the usual comforts and conveniences: roughed it in a small hunting shack.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കഠിനമാവൂക - Kadinamaavooka | Kadinamavooka ;ഖര - Khara ;കര്ക്കശമാവുക - Karkkashamaavuka | Karkkashamavuka ;നിഷ്കരുണമായ - Nishkarunamaaya | Nishkarunamaya ;അശാന്തമാവുക - Ashaanthamaavuka | Ashanthamavuka ;കുതിരയെ മെരുക്കുക - Kuthiraye Merukkuka ;