The state of being royal; the condition or quality of a royal person; kingship; kingly office; sovereignty.
- A person of royal rank or lineage.
- Monarchs and their families considered as a group.
- The lineage or rank of a monarch.
- The power, status, or authority of a monarch.
- Royal quality or bearing.
- A kingdom or possession ruled by a monarch.
- A right or prerogative of the crown, as that of receiving a percentage of the proceeds from mines in the royal domain.
- The granting of a right by a monarch to a corporation or an individual to exploit specified natural resources.
- The payment for such a right.
- A share paid to a writer or composer out of the proceeds resulting from the sale or performance of his or her work.
- A share in the proceeds paid to an inventor or a proprietor for the right to use his or her invention or services.
- A share of the profit or product reserved by the grantor, especially of an oil or mining lease. Also called override.