A game similar to whist, and the predecessor of it.
- A stiffly starched frilled or pleated circular collar of lace, muslin, or other fine fabric, worn by men and women in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- A distinctive collarlike projection around the neck, as of feathers on a bird or of fur on a mammal.
- A Eurasian sandpiper (Philomachus pugnax) the male of which has collarlike, erectile feathers around the neck during the breeding season.
- The playing of a trump card when one cannot follow suit.
- An old game resembling whist.
- To trump or play a trump.
- A small European freshwater fish (Acerina cernua) related to the perches.
- See ruffle2.