Set apart by solemn religious ceremony; especially, in a good sense, made holy; set apart to religious use; consecrated; not profane or common; as, a sacred place; a sacred day; sacred service.
- Dedicated to or set apart for the worship of a deity.
- Worthy of religious veneration: the sacred teachings of the Buddha.
- Made or declared holy: sacred bread and wine.
- Dedicated or devoted exclusively to a single use, purpose, or person: sacred to the memory of her sister; a private office sacred to the President.
- Worthy of respect; venerable.
- Of or relating to religious objects, rites, or practices.