A suffruticose labiate plant (Salvia officinalis) with grayish green foliage, much used in flavoring meats, etc. The name is often extended to the whole genus, of which many species are cultivated for ornament, as the scarlet sage, and Mexican red and blue sage.
- One venerated for experience, judgment, and wisdom.
- Having or exhibiting wisdom and calm judgment.
- Proceeding from or marked by wisdom and calm judgment: sage advice.
- Archaic Serious; solemn.
- Any of various plants of the genus Salvia, especially S. officinalis, having aromatic grayish-green, opposite leaves. Also called ramona.
- The leaves of this plant used as a seasoning.
- Any of various similar or related plants in the mint family.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തപസ്വി - Thapasvi | Thapaswi ;ജ്ഞാനിയായി - Jnjaaniyaayi | Jnjaniyayi ;ബുദ്ധിപൂര്വ്വകമായ - Buddhipoorvvakamaaya | Budhipoorvvakamaya ;തിരിച്ചറിവുള്ള - Thiricharivulla ;യോഗി - Yogi ;കര്പ്പൂരത്തുളസി - Karppooraththulasi | Karppoorathulasi ;