One who makes up samples for inspection; one who examines samples, or by samples; as, a wool sampler.
- One who is employed to take and appraise samples, as of a food product.
- A mechanical device that is used to obtain and analyze samples.
- A decorative piece of cloth embroidered with various designs or mottoes in a variety of stitches, serving as an example of skill at needlework.
- A representative collection or selection: a sampler of American short-story writers.
- A variety; an assortment.
- An electronic device used to copy and digitally manipulate a segment from an audio recording for use in a new recording.