Solemn or ceremonious ratification; an official act of a superior by which he ratifies and gives validity to the act of some other person or body; establishment or furtherance of anything by giving authority to it; confirmation; approbation.
- Authoritative permission or approval that makes a course of action valid. See Synonyms at permission.
- Support or encouragement, as from public opinion or established custom.
- A consideration, influence, or principle that dictates an ethical choice.
- A law or decree.
- The penalty for noncompliance specified in a law or decree.
- A penalty, specified or in the form of moral pressure, that acts to ensure compliance or conformity.
- A coercive measure adopted usually by several nations acting together against a nation violating international law.
- To give official authorization or approval to: "The president, we are told, has sanctioned greed at the cost of compassion” ( David Rankin).
- To encourage or tolerate by indicating approval. See Synonyms at approve.
- To penalize, especially for violating a moral principle or international law.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉപരോധം - Uparodham ;അനുസരിക്കാത്തതിനുള്ള - Anusarikkaaththathinulla | Anusarikkathathinulla ;അനുവദിക്കപ്പെട്ട - Anuvadhikkappetta ;അധികാരപത്രം - Adhikaarapathram | Adhikarapathram ;വിലക്കുകൾ - Vilakkukal ;അനുമതി - Anumathi ;