- A bag filled with sand and used as ballast, in the formation of protective walls, or as a weapon.
- To put sandbags in or around.
- To hit with a sandbag.
- Slang To treat severely or unjustly.
- Slang To force by crude means; coerce: sandbagged us into cleaning up their mess.
- Slang To downplay or misrepresent one's ability in a game or activity in order to deceive (someone), especially in gambling: sandbagged the pool player by playing poorly in the first game when stakes were low.
- Slang To downplay or misrepresent one's ability in order to deceive someone, especially in gambling.